Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Upon Reflection

Mirror, mirror on the wall
who is the fairest one of all?
YOU are of course.

My mirror is one of the most potentially powerful and destructive things that I use. What my husband or you see in me is not necessarily what I see reflecting back at me.

You may look in the mirror many times each day so it is important to understand the damage you can do to yourself, psychologically and spiritually every time you look at your reflection and criticise something. And I'm a self critisiser. I know the damage I inflict upon myself often.

Don't be a slave to the mirror, make you mirror work for you! In the morning, don't stand in front of it moaning about what you don't have or what you don't like. Yes I want bigger boobs and a flatter stomach too. Apart from the fact that you are showing yourself disrespect, thoughts and words are very powerful and can manifest the very things you are focusing on. Concentrate on feeling approval for yourself in every respect. Find all of your good points and practice smiling and being happy about them. Will yourself to overlook a pimple or a wrinkle and remind yourself that you are a beautiful person. Love all of you.

Start the day positively this way. Not only will you feel better, you will feel motivated to get out there and make it happen. Because YOU deserve it.

With a daughter in the house it is important to me now more than ever that she grows up loving and respecting herself for all of her is beautiful. Inevitably she'll experience peer pressure to be skinnier and taller and wear more makeup, but with a foundation of self respect and love I can only hope she loves herself as much as I do. And only I can be her role model.

Each day I set out to start my day positively. And whilst I may not see what you do in the mirror I am learning to love myself a little more each day.

Go and look at yourself in the mirror right now and fall in love with YOU.
xxx

No comments: